Volg ons, like ons op facebook https://www.facebook.com/magicgrunn

Deel | 

[Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Go down 
AuteurBericht
Gast
Gast

BerichtOnderwerp: [Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl   do dec 31 2009, 11:49

My first exploits in the wonderful world of magic.

I read about magic in a games magazine around when unlimited was released. I went to our local games store and they had never heard of it. So I ordered me an unlimited starter.

I couldn't find anyone to buy a starter as well. Too expensive If only we knew. So I did nothing with it. Then I decided to buy another starter which was revised.

After a while I got my cousin to try it out with me. We learned the rules from the booklet (all wrong of course). But we got into it. By then Magic was popular already. I also had another cousin join in as well. We all decided to play specific colors. I choose RG. One cousin UB, the other either BG or UG (I cant remember). Nobody played white.

I don't remember all the cards but I had 2 Birds of Paradise and a Mox Pearl (not sure if it was unlimited or revised). Unfortunately nobody wanted to trade the Mox Pearl with me since nobody played white. So I was stuck with that terrible card

I had a notion of rares, unc and commons but thought Bop was common since I owned two of them. Eventually I went to that same store again hoping to get rid of that darned Mox Pearl. So I asked out loud if someone wanted to buy the my Mox Pearl. Someone offered me 50 guilders for it, quite a lot but I think it was around 150 guilders at the time (which I did not know). I was about to go for that 50 guilders offer when this guy told me it was worth much more. So I asked if he wanted to buy it. He did not want to buy it but didn't mind trading it with me.

So I went with home with him where he abused me. I traded away my Mox Pearl and 2 Birds of Paradise since they were common anyway. I got a lot of cards back. Oh was I envied my my cousins for those Craw Wurms and all those Fallen Empires cards! It actually took me about 10 years to own any Birds of Paradise again. Not to mention all the money I spend on Fallen Empires afterwards.

How naive I was at 19! That whole incident has defined my character, I still hate injustice and it has taken me years to accept that it simply is an unfair world. If only I knew who this dude was that traded with me. If I would meet him now I would tell him what a bastard he really is.
Terug naar boven Go down
Bart
Lelijk Konijn

Aantal berichten : 2039
Leeftijd : 32
Registration date : 23-08-06

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl   do dec 31 2009, 12:11

Wat een heerlijk kerstverhaal Smile

Arne
Team Moosebite

Aantal berichten : 3083
Leeftijd : 31
Registration date : 23-08-06

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl   do dec 31 2009, 12:54

ja... gelukkig kwam alles weer goed ook...

***Pauper to the People***
Terug naar boven Go down
Anne
Pro Player

Aantal berichten : 1387
Leeftijd : 34
Registration date : 11-04-08

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl   do dec 31 2009, 13:09

Dat was vast Gijsbert. Die had destijds ook elke rare in mijn verzameling in ruil voor Craw Wurms, Scaled Wurms en Phyrexian Dreadnoughts.

Maar ja, gegeven het feit dat Phyrexian Dreadnought inmiddels 30,- doet en Sorceress Queen 0,30 ben ik uiteindelijk misschien toch de winnaar.

Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: [Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl   

Terug naar boven Go down

[Artikel] I once had a Mox Pearl
Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» Artikel over diefstal en rippen
» [Artikel] MetaGaming; a Groninger lovestory!
» [Artikel] Beating Goliath
» [Artikel] "Mindtricks" door Lennart Lindeman
» [Artikel] Story : "Search for Thelion"

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
MAGIC GRONINGEN EN FRIESLAND :: ALGEMENE INFORMATIE :: Artikelen-
Ga naar: